Junked Vehicles

In order to junk a vehicle, the current license plate and title must be turned into your local County Clerk's Office. The title must be clear of all liens and all property taxes must be paid or exonerated by the Property Valuation Administrator. There is a $1.00 fee to junk a vehicle.

If the title and/or plate have been lost, and the owner still has possession of the vehicle, Form #TC96-167 must be signed and notarized by the owner.

If the vehicle has been disposed of to a junkyard or another individual and the title is lost, a duplicate title must be applied for. Vehicles can be junked once the duplicate title is received.

Team Kentucky        

© 2022 Commonwealth of Kentucky. All rights reserved.



Junked Vehicles